There are few things more joyful and challenging than welcoming a newborn into your family. As a postpartum doula, I ease and support a family’s transition to life with a new baby at home. I don’t take over care of your newborn; I take care of YOU, and I give you tools and assistance to help you feel confident in caring for your own baby.
– Breastfeeding and/or bottle-feeding support
– Soothing techniques
– Help with bonding and the transition to parenthood
– Helping you to find opportunities to rest
– Preparation of light meals
– Listening and companionship
– Encouragement and helping you to find your strengths
Specific expertise with:
– Sibling integration
– Babywearing instruction
– Families of all sorts (single parents, queer parents, non-traditional parenting communities)
– Vegetarian diets
I often say having a postpartum doula is sort of like your fairy godmother is home taking care of you. Respect for your home is of the utmost importance to me, as is creating a trusting relationship with your family. I am warm, fun, knowledgeable, and a great listener with tons of great tricks up my sleeves.